Intellectual property and restrictions on use of Content on the Site
The Site is linked to social media networks and other communication facilities which provide for feedback by users to BSGI, real-time interaction between users (including individuals referred to as guests and members) and other electronic messaging and notice services ("Communication Facilities").
It is a condition of your use of any Communication Facility and your access to the Site that you do not do any of the following:
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using or enjoying any forum;
- Post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information or material of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law;
- Post or transmit any material of any kind which violates or infringes upon the rights of any other person, including material which is an invasion of any privacy or publicity rights or which is protected by copyright, trademark or any other proprietary right or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or relevant right holder;
- Post or transmit any material of any kind which contains a virus or other harmful component;
- Post, transmit or in any way exploit any material of any kind for commercial purposes or which contains any promotional material or advertising;
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded; or
- Download any file posted by any other user of a forum if you know, or reasonably ought to know, that the file cannot legally be distributed in such manner.
BSGI may from time to time monitor or review the contents of its Communication Facilities.
BSGI reserves the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authority in any jurisdiction in respect of any lawful direction or request to disclose the identity or other information in respect of anyone posting any materials which violate any applicable or relevant law.
User licence to BSGI
By placing any information or other material on the Site (including posting messages, uploading files, inputting data or engaging in any other form of communication), you grant to BSGI a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, irrevocable, unrestricted, worldwide licence to do the following in respect of the information or material:
- use, copy, sub-licence, redistribute, adapt, transmit, publish and/or broadcast, publicly perform or display, and
- sub-licence to any third parties the unrestricted right to exercise any of the foregoing rights granted.
The foregoing grant includes the right to exploit all proprietary rights in any such information or other material, including but not limited to rights under copyright, trademark, service mark or patent laws under any jurisdiction worldwide. You expressly waive in favour of BSGI and any other party authorised by BSGI all moral rights and any similar rights in any jurisdiction which you may have or hereafter acquire in respect of any relevant communication or other material. At the request and expense of BSGI, you will execute and deliver to BSGI such instruments and take such other actions as may be required to carry out this grant of licence and waiver.
Links to third party websites and e-commerce offers
The Site contains hyperlinks and other pointers to Internet websites operated by third parties. These linked websites are not under the control of BSGI and BSGI is not responsible for the contents of any linked website or any hyperlink contained in a linked website. BSGI provides these hyperlinks to you as a convenience only, and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of the linked website by BSGI or its affiliates. You link to any such website entirely at your own risk.
Disclaimer and limitation of liability
All Content is provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind, either “expressed” or “implied”. BSGI and its suppliers expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose,
BSGI does not warrant that the functions contained in any Content or any Communications Facility or your access to the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that any defects will be corrected or that the Site or the server which stores and transmits Content to you are free of viruses or any other harmful components, BSGI does not warrant or make any representation regarding your access to, or the results of your access to, the Site (including any related or linked websites) or any Content in terms of correctness, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reliability or otherwise, and you (and not BSGI) assume the entire cost of any necessary verification, maintenance, repair and/or correction of any relevant Content. Under no circumstances (including but not limited to any act or omission on the part of BSGI) will BSGI or its affiliates be liable for any indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential damages or loss of profits whatsoever which result from any use or access of, or any inability to use or access, the Site or any Content. You expressly acknowledge and agree that BSGI does not exert control over users of the Site (including individuals referred to on the Site as guests and members) and is not liable either for their opinions or their behaviour, including any information and/or advice and any defamatory statements or offensive conduct.
All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
The information published on this site by the BSGI is not intended to be, and should not be considered as, medical advice. It should not replace any personal medical advice given by your registered medical practitioner and should not be used as a substitute for a medical consultation with such a practitioner.
Hyperlinks to material on other servers are provided as a service and on the understanding that BSGI has no control over the information contained therein and takes no responsibility for its accuracy or suitability.
WWW links to this site are permitted provided the link is to the original document on this server. Copying materials to your own website is not permissible without prior agreement of BSGI.
The BSGI makes no claims about the suitability of the information on this site for any purpose and it is provided without any express or implied warranty.
All material on this server associated with this site is copyright of The BSGI. Copyright Information "Copyright ©2011 BSGI".
Policy updated June 2012
Case of the month
On reading this case of the month and associated articles as well as answering related questions, the participant will;
1. Expand his/her knowledge on the spectrum of sy...
Click here to view the minutes from previous meetings.
Two day meeting on 4th & 5th June 2015 at Central Hall, Westminster, London
Read more >
A one day meeting attracting 5 RCR CPD points
Read more >
5th May 2017
The next AGM will be held on Friday 5 May at the Nicolson Building, University of Birmingham. Send your agenda items to email@example.com
15th April 2016
The next AGM will be held on Friday 15 April at the RCOG. Send your agenda items to firstname.lastname@example.org